Re: [rootsradicals] Cost considerations....

  • Juergen Weichert
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 6, 2007
      Why not mount the X on your trike? ;-)

      Juergen

      Mark Garvey wrote:

> [...]
      >
      > he bought it, never found the time to install it, then had to purge
      > his possessions for a cross-country move. lucky me!
      >
      > so yes.. it can be done on the cheap, especially if you can find one
      > used.
      >
      > Philip
      > Berkeley CA
      >

      > On Jul 6, 2007, at 1:51 PM, jegarh wrote:
      >
      > > About 4 years ago I saw my first Xtracycle conversion. I had to
      > have
      > > one.
      > >
      > > I am parsimonious by nature so I started looking for a "good deal".
      > > Within a few weeks I had located a 26" new in box XtraCycle on Ebay
      > > for $260. Now I had a problem....What to attach it to.....I had my
      > > ear to the ground and a friend of mine asked me if I knew of
      > anybody
      > > that would be interested in a MTB ($40) their son had taken to
      > > college and then abandoned it at their house. It was an aluminum
      > > frame Mongoose hard tail that was the "one size fits all" kind that
      > > is sold in tire stores and dept stores. The frame was nicely welded
      > > aluminum and looked substantial and had a very low, large profile
      > > down tube/top tube. It works well since I can "step" through it
      > when
      > > I have stuff piled on the FreeRadical too high to swing a leg over.
      > >
      > > I had a pile of old bike parts and a RockShok Jet that I bought for
      > > $35/shipping on Ebay. A set of Albatross bars, cheap platform
      > > pedals, 2 $10 walmart 26X2 slicks and a pair of slimed tubes, junk
      > > box deraillers and a cheap set of Sram shifters and I was ready to
      > > start hauling myself and an incredible assortment of things to and
      > > from work (10 mles).
      > >
      > > I have now commuted over 6,000 miles in the last 3+ years. The
      > route
      > > is 2 miles of rough rock road and 8 miles of typical urban heavy
      > > traffic.
      > >
      > > The point to my shaggy dog story is that it can be done
      > economically.
      > >
      > > Jerry Rhodes
      > >

      > > You're getting this message because you signed up to be an
      > > Xtracycle roots radical.

      > rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com <mailto:rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com>
      > >

      > > ride to believe.
      > > Yahoo! Groups Links
      > >

      > You're getting this message because you signed up to be an
      > Xtracycle roots radical.

      > to: rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com>
      >

      > ride to believe.
      > Yahoo! Groups Links
      >

      > (Yahoo! ID required)
      >
      > mailto:rootsradicals-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:rootsradicals-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com>
      >

      > --
      > "Human Misery is caused by human expectations." Buddah
      >
      > Mark Garvey
      > Cedar Rapids, Iowa free state!
      >
      > Check out the web site at:
      > http://www.vine-ave.com <http://www.vine-ave.com>
      >
      > contact us to have INVISIBLE INC! appear at your next

    • Mark Garvey
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 6, 2007
        That is an excellent idea, but In all honesty, I am trying to sell the trike.  I have run into a fairly serious crisis and need some ready cash.

        Know anyone who wants a really nice trike?
        mark

        Mark Garvey wrote:

> [...]
        >     > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >     >
        >     >
        >     >
        >

        >     You're getting this message because you signed up to be an
        >     Xtracycle roots radical.

        >     to:          rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com
        >     <mailto: rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com>
        >

        >     ride to believe.
        >     Yahoo! Groups Links
        >

        >         (Yahoo! ID required)
        >
        >         mailto: rootsradicals-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
        >     <mailto:rootsradicals-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com>
        >

        > --
        > "Human Misery is caused by human expectations."  Buddah
        >
        > Mark  Garvey
        > Cedar Rapids, Iowa free state!
        >
        > Check out the web site at:
        > http://www.vine-ave.com <http://www.vine-ave.com>
        >
        > contact us to have INVISIBLE INC! appear at your next

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            mailto: rootsradicals-digest@yahoogroups.com

             http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        --
        "Human Misery is caused by human expectations."  Buddha