RE: [rootsradicals] Hi there!

  • Justina Voulgaris
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 5, 2007

      Welcome, Mark!  I think you will find that many of us are not 20 something (I'm mid-40s myself).  Good idea to bring your bike on your road trips.  It's amazing how freeing a bicycle is.

      My new X has been delivered to the bike shop but not yet assembled.  Hopefully by next week, I'll be doing all my errands by bike!

      Justina

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 12, 2007

        Mark, did you say you are from Iowa? If so, what part?

        Amos Patrick

        Research Assistant

        Virtual Soldier Research

        The University of Iowa

        http://www.ccad.uiowa.edu/vsr/

      • Mark Garvey
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 12, 2007
          I am not far from you Amos!  I may have seen you a time or two!  I live in Cedar Rapids.  and in fact i was IN Iowa City this morning making deliveries in a big truck!  I have seen one or two X bikes around IC and that has been part of the impetus for me to get one.  One used to be parked in the bike rack by the hydrology lab on riverside drive and I recently saw one up near Oakdale/North Liberty that scooted across 965 and into a shopping/business park.  there is also one here in CR and I spoke to the owner during the Mayors Bike ride last fall.  I was on my trike for that ride!  I would like to get together with people who are interested in cargo bikes at some point.  Maybe have a ride or something!

          mark

          --
          "Human Misery is caused by human expectations."  Buddha

          Mark  Garvey
          Cedar Rapids, Iowa free state!

          Check out the web site at:
          http://www.vine-ave.com