saddle bag material

  • David Dannenberg
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 4, 2010
      All,

      My BD has been wonderful as have the Xtracycle accessories. I have one complaint about the Freeloaders: the netting material at the end tears far too easily. Mine tore long ago and the hole just keeps getting larger. I want to replace it with some other material. Any suggestions?

      Thanks.

      David Dannenberg
    • John Wilde
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 4, 2010
        I have had the same issues with mine. I hadn't thought of posting here. Thanks for posting, permaybehaps some one will have a good suggestion.
        I had thought of asking my sister to make replacements out of a heavier netting,similar to the lining of my J&G jacket.
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 4, 2010
          We feel you on the mesh. That's why the new FreeLoaders come with solid ends to avoid that from happening. In the mean time, any rip stop fabric, especially some fun colored ones, would work well sewn into/over the mesh. Just be sure that enough material is available for the sling to function at it's max, burrito sized stretch.

          rick

          Meet the all new Radish for 2010! http://bit.ly/radish2010

          "When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race."  – H.G. Wells

          graphical structuralist rick@...
          888.537-1401 | oh the things you'll haul

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 4, 2010
[...]

            "Truly, the bicycle is the most influential piece of product design ever."  – Hugh Pearman

            pixel pusher rick@...
            888.537-1401 | xtracycle.com