Re: [rootsradicals] Big Dummy and KickBack

  • Rick Pickett
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2010
      Hey Dolan,

      Those aluminum plugs are for reshaping your bridge holes incase they get dented. You're just lugging around needless weight having them installed. Remove them with, I think a 5mm Allen key, save the aluminum pieces in your bike toy drawer and insert the KickBack as necessary.

      If you're using the FreeRadical KickBack, you'll need to remove the black plastic block mounted to the taco. If your KickBack is the '09 model, you'll need this kit of replacement parts or will want to jury-rig some protection for your boom tube.

      Cheers,
      Rick

      Meet the all new Radish for 2010! http://bit.ly/radish2010

      "When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race."  – H.G. Wells

      graphical structuralist rick@...
      888.537-1401 | oh the things you'll haul

      On May 31, 2010, at 10:42 AM, Dolan wrote:

      Hi all,

      Getting close to finishing the Big Dummy build for my wife, but i'm stuck trying to figure out how the KickBack (from my Xtra) is supposed to go on the Dummy frame. The Dummy seems to have two aluminum plugs, one slightly different than the other, where the KickBack inserts would normally enter (at least where they enter mine).

      Am I supposed to pull out the plugs somehow? Are there pieces I am missing?

      Many thanks,
      Dolan