Re: Rain

  • philip_b_chase
    Message 1 of 45 , May 26, 2010
      I think it's more a matter of what you feet are conditioned to. Once upon a time I had feet of leather for I never wore shoes and nothing less than stepping on a stone sitting on a sidewalk could hurt my feet. That lasted for about 20 years 'til I left college and got a fulltime job.

      Now I am more of a tenderfoot, but I spoke recently with a kitesurfer who told me an interesting story. He started kitesurfing in an area where oysters were scattered on the bottom. He never got cut badly by the oysters, but got lots of little cuts that were aggravating. Rather than wearing booties, he made a conscious decision to thicken his callouses for protection. He stopped wearing shoes and walked barefoot everywhere--especially if pavement was involved. He said it only took two weeks to develop oyster-proof callouses.

      I'm tempted to try this out to see if I can once again have uber-callouses. :-)

      Philip

      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "WV Tenor" <bruce_alan_wilson@...> wrote:

      > Riding shoeless could be painful if you had to put your foot down quickly. You could seriously injure yourself.

    • Rich
      Message 45 of 45 , Jul 1, 2010
        There is also Weigle(?) Frame Saver which is a waxy coating designed for coating the inside of steel frame tubes to prevent rust. A very similar product available at many hardware stores, and less expensive, is LPS3.

        Rich Wood