Urban Permaculture Design Course - Will You Join?

  • Common Circle Education
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2010
      Hello

      We wanted to remind you about several upcoming permaculture design
      courses happening at our schools in Berkeley and Davis as well as
      the intensive course in Oregon. Can you drop us a quick e-mail
      back to let us know if you'll be joining us for one of these
      amazing courses?

      Course: Urban Permaculture Design Certification
      http://commoncircle.com/permie

      Dates: Berkeley, CA (Sundays 10am-6pm)
      June 27 - Sep 12 (Early registration coming up!)

      Berkeley, CA (Monday + Wednesday 6-9pm)
      Aug 30 - Nov 17th
      New format - evening-only course - will have
      several optional weekend work parties.

      Davis, CA (Sundays 10-6)
      September 19 - December 5th

      Eugene, OR (Intensive 16 day course)
      July 10 - 25th

      Unlike almost all other Permaculture Design Certification courses,
      Common Circle Education programs focus specifically on urban and
      suburban solutions (rather than rural agriculture); and since
      the most abundant resource in a city is people, we also heavily
      integrate community permaculture. However our courses follow and
      build on the standard curriculum laid out by Bill Mollison.

      With the news of peak oil, environmental destruction and economic
      challenges in the air, permaculture offers tremendous solutions
      that are simple to implement through re-localization and looking
      back to how humans have lived sustainably for centuries.

      Read more information: http://commoncircle.com/permie

      Starting by learning the lessons from nature with some of the
      world's most renowned organic farming experts, we will then look
      at how to apply what we learned from the soil and the water to
      building sustainable, lasting institutions.

      Cost: $600/by yourself - $500/each with friend
      regular rate: $1000/person (after July 1st)
      (intensive course pricing is different - see website)

      During the workshop, we will talk about:

      * Principles of Permaculture and Sustainable Design
      * Smart Design through Careful Site Analysis
      * Recognizing Patterns of Natural and Human Systems
      * Reading the Land & Understanding Natural Cycles
      * Soil regeneration and Land Restoration
      * Food Forests, Trees & Gardening Design
      * Water Harvesting, Conservation, and Grey Water System Design
      * Renewable Energy and Appropriate Technology
      * Natural Building Design
      * Waste Recycling and Treatment
      * Aquaculture and Animals
      * Agroforestry and Forest Gardening
      * Useful Plants and Planting Strategies
      * Patterns of Settlement
      * Cooperative Economics, Money & Financial Systems
      * Designing Sustainable Cities through Sustainable Economies

      "My experience in the course was invaluable.  I find myself with a
      new permaculture lens that I can put on at will, and see the world
      around me in a way that I feel leads to making more conscious
      decisions and living better in harmony with the earth."
      - Deborah F., Permaculture Course Graduate

      Read more information: http://commoncircle.com/permie

      You'll learn how to create sustainable, thriving human systems,
      from green houses and organic gardens, to local micro-economies
      and communities, using sustainable design principles that are
      applicable to every human system, from businesses, communities,
      and cities to personal relationships.

      Upon successful completion of this course and meeting the
      requirements, you'll leave with an internationally recognized
      Permaculture Design Certificate as the course will build upon
      the standard 72-hour permaculture curriculum.

      Common Circle Education is the leading ecological design and
      sustainable living school with courses in Oregon, Hawaii and
      California; our instructors are some of the most well-known
      leaders of the sustainability, organic food and permaculture
      movements.

      We hope you will be able to join us for this incredible,
      life-changing experiential course!

      Much gratitude,

      Common Circle Education
      commoncircle.com

      --
      common circle education, 2130 center, berkeley, ca 94704
      to be removed from our list: http://commoncircle.com/pref