Re: [rootsradicals] Large and with Low IQ. Finally my bikes description matches what people have been saying about me for years.

  • Pete Beers
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 23, 2010
      Thank you, sir.

      I had 8 weeks out of a bicycle saddle.  The day after the crash happened I ordered a recumbent trike.  Once Snowpocalypse melted, I was out on that every day.  It was nice to ride anything.  After a few weeks of riding it though, I was seriously jonesing to ride something with one less wheel.

      The Dummy was built up with stuff I had laying around the shop for the most part.  I bought cable housing and the stem.  The tires are Hutchinson Pythons.  I'll put some Schwalbe Marathons on there next payday.

      On the ride to work this morning I just couldn't make the turn into the office.  I extended my commute by almost 30 miles and arrived at the office 2 hours late.   Luckily my job is flexible.

      Thanks to all of you for the inspiration.

      Pete

      On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 9:14 PM, Bill Swingle <unfurl@...> wrote:

      I'm glad you're riding again. 8 weeks out of the saddle might just kill me!
      It had to be hard to lay low for that long.

      Beautiful, simple set you've got there. Love the yellow tires, what are
      they?

      -Bill