Choosing a bubble machine

  • akyramoto
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 21, 2007
      Ever since I saw the 'boulder Bubble Guy' I've wanted to get a bubble
      machine to put on my X. I'm having hard time decideing which bubble
      machine to get. If anyone has experience with them, particularly on
      their X, let me know!!

      I think it's a great way to draw even MORE attention to the X & get
      people talking about it, plus its just FUN!
    • davidmoskovitz
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 22, 2007
        --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "akyramoto" <akyramoto@...> wrote:

        > Ever since I saw the 'boulder Bubble Guy' I've wanted to get a bubble
        > machine to put on my X. I'm having hard time decideing which bubble
        > machine to get. If anyone has experience with them, particularly on
        > their X, let me know!!

        What a good idea. We got our daughter a cheapie bubble machine at a
        toy store, but it works great. Perhaps it doesn't have the umpf of the
        more industrial or professional ones (I assume they exist, based on my
        long past bar mitzva attendence), but it was certainly worth what we
        paid for it. Also, it would be easy to mount to the deck.
      • Paul Freedman
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 22, 2007
          As for bubble machines, I think you really got to go handheld:

          http://www.flickr.com/photos/rockthebike/590325323/
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/rockthebike/475410163/

          Handheld opens up all these great disco type moves you can do, getting people excited as you blow bubbles. It's very social. You can pull it out of some special holster at key moments.

          If you're talking about mounting something on the Snap Deck, you could obviously use a more powerful bubble blaster than is available in handheld form, but there are other considerations:

          It will be heavier because it will have a beefier battery.

          And more expensive.

          You will need to wire some kind of a switch to your handlebars unless you don't mind stopping to turn it on/off. Now personally, I love switches and controls on my handlebars:
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/rockthebike/501854583/in/set-72157594296549639/ But they take time to wire -- time you could be spending making people smile with your handheld bubble blaster.

          It will have to be on the very rear of the Snap Deck if you still want to be able to carry a passenger (which you will).

          You will have to crane your neck around to see the bubbles.

          Where to buy a good handheld blaster? I've seen guys selling them on the street in hot weather. I haven't checked the internet or Toys R Us, but let me know what you find.

          Paul Freedman
          Rock The Bike!

          www.rockthebike.com
          Phone: Toll-free 1-888-DLG-BIKE