Re: Are you serious enough?

  • DaneB
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 19, 2010
      Meh, I really don't have much patience for people who believe you need to have a stupid-light race bike [1] and go out on training rides to be a serious cyclist. Some of those guys are, some of them aren't. Some of the people I know who only have one janky old piece of rust that they ride everywhere are awesome cyclists IMO.

      You can always find someone in any sport (or other activity) that will contend that if you don't spend enough (like them) you aren't a serious cyclist. It's not anything unique to cycling. But it was a nice little blog post though.

      [1] I break enough bike parts (including frames) never to economize on weight and sturdiness. YMMV.