My Journey Has Begun! Ride to DC accomplished, preparing for Baltimore.

  • Jon Watts
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 6, 2010
      Hey Roots Radicalers!

      I sent out an email to this list a little bit ago detailing the tour I am undertaking from Richmond to Boston on an Xtracycle Radish.  I wanted to let you know that I've completed the first leg of my journey (Richmond to DC) and released a vlog entry documenting the first ride.  Check it out: http://www.bit.ly/aKXupq

      Thanks to Scott in Capitol Hill for coming out and showing off his big dummy!

      Also... the biggest difficulty of this first ride was trying to find a way through or around Quantico military base, which juts out like a huge roadblock that only 95 and rte. 1 traverse.  After a few rejections, I found a short cut.  In the spirit of giving back to the community, I've shared that semi-secret route here: http://www.bit.ly/cSS7lg  I hope it helps others to avoid the same frustration I experienced.

      Ride safe!
      Jon

      --
      "Stay close to any sounds
      That make you glad you are alive"

      www.jonwatts.com
    • Rick Pickett
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 6, 2010
        Looking forward to following your adventures and song, Jon! Smile often and ride safe, too!

        Meet the all new Radish for 2010! http://bit.ly/radish2010

        "Truly, the bicycle is the most influential piece of product design ever."  – Hugh Pearman

        pixel pusher rick@...
        888.537-1401 x709 | xtracycle.com