Re: Front Wheel Stabilizer Availability?

  • Rich
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 29, 2010
      I have now installed Hebie Stabilizers on three of my bikes which also have center stands installed. It does eliminate wheel flop very well and has no effect on normal handling IMO. The claim that it improves handling is marketing BS I believe. If the downtube block is installed in the correct position the stabilizer spring tension can be adjusted. I adjusted mine for no perceptible spring tension with the wheel straight ahead.

      For me at least it is definitely a worthwhile addition to bikes with center stands installed. It is not compatible with front forks that do not have a front to rear hole through the fork bridge area or frames with a depressed channel in the front of the down tube for cable and brake lines routing.

      Rich Wood