Re: 2010 Freeloaders

  • Diane
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 26, 2010
      Rich,

      Ditto!

      I'm kind of looking forward to wearing out my original pair to take advantage of the new tech. Despite the best efforts of me and my two sons feet, I don't think that's happening any time soon.

      However, if Rick can give us more details that would be great. I perused the Xtra site recently, and couldn't find any info on the new bags.

      Scott
      Pilot of "Blufus" the smurf blue Big Dummy
      Washington, DC

      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Rich" <astronut1001@...> wrote:

      > I note that the 2010 FreeLoaders are available in multiple colors and appear to use different cloth. Does anyone have any details regarding material or functional changes from the older versions? Also availability date information?
      >
      > Rich Wood

    • Rich
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 27, 2010
        I also figured that the red version (Tahoe?) might have an added visibility/safety factor when viewed from the side or at an angle.

        As for the 2010 Radish, I feel it should be offered in a triple chainring version as well as the single chainring version shown. Xtracycle should be able to do it at lower cost than a customer can after buying the bike and a wider range drivetrain increases versatility for those who live in hillier conditions.

        Rich Wood

        --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Diane" <diane.douglas8@...> wrote:

        > Rich,
        >
        > Ditto!
        >
        > I'm kind of looking forward to wearing out my original pair to take advantage of the new tech. Despite the best efforts of me and my two sons feet, I don't think that's happening any time soon.
        >
        > However, if Rick can give us more details that would be great. I perused the Xtra site recently, and couldn't find any info on the new bags.
        >
        > Scott
        > Pilot of "Blufus" the smurf blue Big Dummy
        > Washington, DC
        >
        > --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Rich" <astronut1001@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I note that the 2010 FreeLoaders are available in multiple colors and appear to use different cloth. Does anyone have any details regarding material or functional changes from the older versions? Also availability date information?
        > >
        > > Rich Wood

      • Rich
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 27, 2010
          Whoops! Looking again at the web site it appears that the Red is only available in the new Hoodie unfortunately. To me a bright colored version of the freeloaders would be worth offering.

          Rich Wood

          --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Rich" <astronut1001@...> wrote:

          > I also figured that the red version (Tahoe?) might have an added visibility/safety factor when viewed from the side or at an angle.
          >
          > As for the 2010 Radish, I feel it should be offered in a triple chainring version as well as the single chainring version shown. Xtracycle should be able to do it at lower cost than a customer can after buying the bike and a wider range drivetrain increases versatility for those who live in hillier conditions.
          >
          > Rich Wood
          >

          > --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Diane" <diane.douglas8@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Rich,
          > >
          > > Ditto!
          > >
          > > I'm kind of looking forward to wearing out my original pair to take advantage of the new tech. Despite the best efforts of me and my two sons feet, I don't think that's happening any time soon.
          > >
          > > However, if Rick can give us more details that would be great. I perused the Xtra site recently, and couldn't find any info on the new bags.
          > >
          > > Scott
          > > Pilot of "Blufus" the smurf blue Big Dummy
          > > Washington, DC
          > >
          > > --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Rich" <astronut1001@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > I note that the 2010 FreeLoaders are available in multiple colors and appear to use different cloth. Does anyone have any details regarding material or functional changes from the older versions? Also availability date information?
          > > >
          > > > Rich Wood

        • Pete B
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 29, 2010
            http://everydayadventurers.com/2010/03/new-xtracycle-bag-for-2010-hoodie/

            "Hoodie is not compatible with Big Dummy"

            Doh!

            'Newspapers are unable, seemingly, to discriminate between a bicycle accident and the collapse of civilization' : George Bernard Shaw

            On 28 March 2010 07:24, Rich <astronut1001@...> wrote:

            Whoops! Looking again at the web site it appears that the Red is only available in the new Hoodie unfortunately. To me a bright colored version of the freeloaders would be worth offering.

            Rich Wood

            --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Rich" <astronut1001@...> wrote:

            > I also figured that the red version (Tahoe?) might have an added visibility/safety factor when viewed from the side or at an angle.
            >
            > As for the 2010 Radish, I feel it should be offered in a triple chainring version as well as the single chainring version shown. Xtracycle should be able to do it at lower cost than a customer can after buying the bike and a wider range drivetrain increases versatility for those who live in hillier conditions.
            >
            > Rich Wood
            >

            > --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Diane" <diane.douglas8@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Rich,
            > >
            > > Ditto!
            > >
            > > I'm kind of looking forward to wearing out my original pair to take advantage of the new tech. Despite the best efforts of me and my two sons feet, I don't think that's happening any time soon.
            > >
            > > However, if Rick can give us more details that would be great. I perused the Xtra site recently, and couldn't find any info on the new bags.
            > >
            > > Scott
            > > Pilot of "Blufus" the smurf blue Big Dummy
            > > Washington, DC
            > >
            > > --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Rich" <astronut1001@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I note that the 2010 FreeLoaders are available in multiple colors and appear to use different cloth. Does anyone have any details regarding material or functional changes from the older versions? Also availability date information?
            > > >
            > > > Rich Wood

          • Travers, Neil
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 29, 2010
              Message
              Ah - that's where they hide the information about the new products...
              It does explain why they didn't make it compatible further down.

              "Hoodie is not compatible with Big Dummy"

              Doh!

              'Newspapers are unable, seemingly, to discriminate between a bicycle accident and the collapse of civilization' : George Bernard Shaw

              On 28 March 2010 07:24, Rich <astronut1001@...> wrote:

              Whoops! Looking again at the web site it appears that the Red is only available in the new Hoodie unfortunately. To me a bright colored version of the freeloaders would be worth offering.

              Rich Wood

              --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Rich" <astronut1001@...> wrote:

              > I also figured that the red version (Tahoe?) might have an added visibility/safety factor when viewed from the side or at an angle.
              >
              > As for the 2010 Radish, I feel it should be offered in a triple chainring version as well as the single chainring version shown. Xtracycle should be able to do it at lower cost than a customer can after buying the bike and a wider range drivetrain increases versatility for those who live in hillier conditions.
              >
              > Rich Wood
              >

              > --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Diane" <diane.douglas8@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Rich,
              > >
              > > Ditto!
              > >
              > > I'm kind of looking forward to wearing out my original pair to take advantage of the new tech. Despite the best efforts of me and my two sons feet, I don't think that's happening any time soon.
              > >
              > > However, if Rick can give us more details that would be great. I perused the Xtra site recently, and couldn't find any info on the new bags.
              > >
              > > Scott
              > > Pilot of "Blufus" the smurf blue Big Dummy
              > > Washington, DC
              > >
              > > --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Rich" <astronut1001@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > I note that the 2010 FreeLoaders are available in multiple colors and appear to use different cloth. Does anyone have any details regarding material or functional changes from the older versions? Also availability date information?
              > > >
              > > > Rich Wood

            • rt_schafer
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 29, 2010
                Pre-order availability is listed here:

                http://www.xtracycle.com/pre-order-terms-and-conditions/

                and shows that the 2010 gear will arrive around June 7-14 and ship a week afterwards.