Re: [rootsradicals] Re: Schwalbe Marathon Plus Tires?

  • joel
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 2, 2010
      Hi Rich;

      The Australian wholesaler doesn't bring them in to the country and I
      can't justify the fuel used to fly in a consumable bike part.

      Cheers

      Joel

      On Tue, 2010-03-02 at 22:21 +0000, Rich wrote:

      > Joel;
      >
      > The Marathon Plus Tour is available in 50-559 and is available from
      > Wallingford Bicycle Parts.
      >
      > http://www.wallbike.com/tires.html
      >
      > Rich Wood
      >

      > --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, joel <joel@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Rich;
      > >
      > > They Big apple rolls a lot better then the marathon+, the marathon+
      > also
      > > suffers badly from sidewall wear and cracking if you're not careful
      > > about keeping the pressure high.
      > >
      > > That said if I could buy one in 50-559 I would run them. have a look
      > at
      > > what a co-worker of mine did it his
      > >
      > > <http://moz.net.nz/?p=74>
      > >
      > > Cheers
      > >
      > > Joel
      > >
      > > On Tue, 2010-03-02 at 19:19 +0000, Rich wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Anyone using these on an Xtracycle or Big Dummmy? I am thinking of
      > > > getting a pair as I live in goathead country and having a rear
      > flat on
      > > > the BD out on the road looks like it would be a PITA compared to
      > > > repairing a flat on a more normal bike with better rear wheel
      > access.
      > > > They are reputedly about the most puncture resistant bike tires
      > > > available.
      > > >
      > > > Any comparisons of rolling resistance versus Big Apples? I know
      > they
      > > > are considerably heavier.
      > > >
      > > > Rich Wood

    • Rich
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 3, 2010
        Joel;

        Comprende. I did not note the Oz location. I bet shipping costs from the USA would be ridiculous too. No chance of having the distributor include a pair as a special order in his next shipment from Schwalbe? Seeing as how most Schwalbe tires are now made in Asia shipment to you would be closer than to me I suspect.

        Rich Wood

        --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, joel <joel@...> wrote:

        > Hi Rich;
        >
        > The Australian wholesaler doesn't bring them in to the country and I
        > can't justify the fuel used to fly in a consumable bike part.
        >
        > Cheers
        >
        > Joel
        >
        > On Tue, 2010-03-02 at 22:21 +0000, Rich wrote:
        > >
        > > Joel;
        > >
        > > The Marathon Plus Tour is available in 50-559 and is available from
        > > Wallingford Bicycle Parts.
        > >
        > > http://www.wallbike.com/tires.html
        > >
        > > Rich Wood
        > >

        > > --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, joel <joel@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hi Rich;
        > > >
        > > > They Big apple rolls a lot better then the marathon+, the marathon+
        > > also
        > > > suffers badly from sidewall wear and cracking if you're not careful
        > > > about keeping the pressure high.
        > > >
        > > > That said if I could buy one in 50-559 I would run them. have a look
        > > at
        > > > what a co-worker of mine did it his
        > > >
        > > > <http://moz.net.nz/?p=74>
        > > >
        > > > Cheers
        > > >
        > > > Joel

        > > flat on
        > > access.

        > > they

      • joel
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 3, 2010
          Hi Rich;

          I've been trying, I'm a co-owner of a bike store which sells a lot of
          Schwalbe tyres so hopefuly they'll come through.

          Mind you the I've punctured as many big apples as I have marathon+s

          Cheers

          Joel