Novara Safari

  • king535mk
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 26, 2010
      I just ordered a kit for my Novara Safari. I read I might have issues with the 9-speed. Is it just the chain size or am I going to run into other issues. I really look forward to long-tail commuting. However, I don't want to ride into disappointment. Any advice?

      Mike K
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 26, 2010
        I had a 3x9 xtracycle for several years before I upgraded.
        I don't think there's too much of a problem.
        SRAM PowerLinks, and SRAM chains, are a good thing.
        Shimano chains are a pain to break.

        On 2010-02-26, at 9:49 PM, king535mk wrote:

        > I just ordered a kit for my Novara Safari. I read I might have issues with the 9-speed. Is it just the chain size or am I going to run into other issues. I really look forward to long-tail commuting. However, I don't want to ride into disappointment. Any advice?
        >
        > Mike K
      • speedub_nate
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 26, 2010

          Can you be more specific? In his reply, David alluded to the chain -- is your concern with the extra length of chain Xtracycle includes in their kit, and whether it's 9-speed compatible?

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 27, 2010
            No worries. I read the online manual again.
            I misunderstood the compatibility issue.
            I just have to get the appropriate size chain.