Re: [rootsradicals] Yuba mundo

  • Sue
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 8, 2007
      I sent off some question to Yuba.com and this is their reply.

      Sue,

      Thank you very much for your message.
      The Mundo 6-speed uses a simple derailleur system like the one you can see one most bikes. The 5-speed version uses an internal hub (reinforced for cargo hauling) one of the advantage is that it can be shifted at any time, whether pedaling or not, and whether stopped or moving; this simplifies shifting greatly. (Did I answer your question?)
      The Mundo is a good choice for running local errands, it is easy to strap or clip a basket, a box, a pannier or a bag. Also the longwheel base frame provides more stability and safety when carrying loads or not.
      The Mundos will be available for delivery in the USA in October probably from Xtracycle. As far as dealership, it will totally depends if dealers want to carry the Mundo or not.
      I forgot the prices! Mundo 6 speed-$599, 5 speed cargo hub $849, no quote on shipping yet.
      Let me know if there’s any other way I can help.
      Ben

      Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2007 4:28 PM
      Subject: Re: [rootsradicals] Yuba mundo

      Hmm, this sentence from their website is interesting:
      "When buying a Mundo directly from yubaride.com in Europe, or xtracycle.com in North America, €100 or $100 from the value of your purchase is donated to worldbike.org ."

      Yet it doesn't appear on xtracycle. Yet?

      j.

      On 6/7/07, awade1975 <awade1975@...> wrote:
      Hey all--

      Still love my X, and would love to hook up a big dummy once they're
      available.  In the meantime, has anyone seen this from Germany?
      http://www.yubaride.com/

      Looks like one of the principals worked with xtracycle for a spell.
      Does anyone know about US availability?  There is a page on their site
      listing a price in USD less than $500.

      Drew

      ride to believe.
      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
         mailto: rootsradicals-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

         http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 8, 2007
        Wow. That hits the sweet spot for a lot of uses. I might not want to
        use it to haul groceries up and over the local hill, but it's pretty,
        and
        it's sturdy, and a lot of my family lives in flat places (Florida).
        (And
        perhaps the 14-28 derailleur could be convinced to be a little wider
        range, too).

        On 2007-06-08, at 3:03 PM, Sue wrote:
        > I forgot the prices! Mundo 6 speed-$599, 5 speed cargo hub $849, no
        > quote on shipping yet.
      • miketually
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 12, 2007
          $599 is only £300!