Kickback replacement parts?

  • Dave Lloyd
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 25 12:14 PM
      Anyone know if the kickback replacement parts kit will fit my original style kickback? I'm upgrading to a Big Dummy (thus far, my wife has been very cool with the frame taking up space in our entryway) so I'd like to get the BD taco plate.

      Thanks!

      --dlloyd

    • Dave Lloyd
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 25 12:14 PM
        Anyone know if the kickback replacement parts kit will fit my original style kickback? I'm upgrading to a Big Dummy (thus far, my wife has been very cool with the frame taking up space in our entryway) so I'd like to get the BD taco plate.

        Thanks!

        --dlloyd

      • Rick Pickett
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 25 12:49 PM
          Everything will fit except the Big Dummy plate. The hole placement is slightly different for the new KickBacks '10) versus the one you have.

          We re-drilled my KickBack ('09) to fit the new BD taco plate and it works, but the steel is very hard so you'll need a quality bit, patience and something to keep it stable. Measure thrice, drill once.

          "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling."  – James E. Starrs

          artistic shenaniganizer | rick@...
          888.537-1401 x709 | every day adventure

          On Feb 25, 2010, at 12:14 PM, Dave Lloyd wrote:

          Anyone know if the kickback replacement parts kit will fit my original style kickback? I'm upgrading to a Big Dummy (thus far, my wife has been very cool with the frame taking up space in our entryway) so I'd like to get the BD taco plate.

          Thanks!

          --dlloyd

        • Liam Casey

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 25 1:02 PM
              Thanks!

              For measuring, I prefer not to measure.  I'll probably try to stuff something that marks into the pilot holes of the plate then drill there.  Measuring leads to mistakes (something my favorite hippie finish carpenter with 8.75 fingers told me).

              Any chance I could buy just the plate? Thats the only part I need as everything else is in good shape.

              --dlloyd