Re: [rootsradicals] Tire(-ing) question...

  • Andrew Kreps
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 22, 2010
      On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 2:31 PM, rob <rcooley1@...> wrote:
      My question is this- will 2.0" Big Apples be about the same or less in rolling resistance to the Marathon Winters?  If so, I can deal with that and benefit from the plush ride.  How squirrely are they on relatively speedy downhill corners (I have two downhills that push me towards the +30MPH range)?

      If you're talking about the studded Winters, the Big Apple has far, far less rolling resistance. I run the 2.35's on my Big Dummy, and I've had them up to 38mph sustained on my local big hill.  They're as stable a tire as I've ever ridden.  It feels like a motorcycle through the switchbacks.  If you're really looking for maximum speed, get yourself a set of the Kojaks.  They're the next tires on my list.