wipe out

  • coach4many
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 22, 2010
      Hey all,
      I had my first wipe out this morning. my own fault for tightening my back breaks. Happened so fast never knew what hit me. I am fine but I fixed my breaks the minute I got to work. lucky I was well padded.
    • Devin
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 22, 2010
        Glad you are alright. I take changes out for test spin before a real ride, but not always and have been bitten also

        I had my first wipe out this morning. my own fault for tightening my back breaks. Happened so fast never knew what hit me. I am fine but I fixed my breaks the minute I got to work. lucky I was well padded.

        Recent Activity:

        • Andrew Kreps
          Message 3 of 5 , Feb 22, 2010
            On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 7:45 AM, Devin <coultraguy@...> wrote:

            Hey all,
            I had my first wipe out this morning. my own fault for tightening my back breaks. Happened so fast never knew what hit me. I am fine but I fixed my breaks the minute I got to work. lucky I was well padded.

            I'm glad you're ok!  Can you elaborate on how your rear brake caused the crash?  I'm always curious about these things.  Maybe I should be a bicycle crash investigator.
          • coach4many
            Message 4 of 5 , Feb 22, 2010
              Well, there was not a lot of play in my brake and it was cold and icy and as I was heading down the hill I started pressing on my brake and the back brake braked too quickly and on ice my rear just slid right out from under from me. I have been using the brake like it is for a while now, just a combination of too many variables and bam!!
              But not bad for so many years and never having had a crash.

              --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Kreps <andrew.kreps@...> wrote:

              > On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 7:45 AM, Devin <coultraguy@...> wrote:
              >
              > > Hey all,
              > > I had my first wipe out this morning. my own fault for tightening my back
              > > breaks. Happened so fast never knew what hit me. I am fine but I fixed my
              > > breaks the minute I got to work. lucky I was well padded.
              > >

              > I'm glad you're ok! Can you elaborate on how your rear brake caused the
              > crash? I'm always curious about these things. Maybe I should be a bicycle
              > crash investigator.

            • Cara Lin Bridgman
              Message 5 of 5 , Feb 23, 2010
                I had a similar experience turning on a white-painted turn arrow. I
                didn't wipe out, but my rear wheel sure slid out from under me. A quick
                jab with my foot put it right.

                Rain on a painted road markings isn't as bad as ice, but it's still
                slippery.

                CL