Re: [rootsradicals] Big Dummy status

  • john fracisco
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007

      Release date keeps getting pushed back as the design and manufacturing details get worked out.

      On 6/1/07, jeabraham <jabraham@...> wrote:

      My ride is starting to suck. I realize that most of what sucks is
      frame related -- it doesn't fit quite right, the bottom bracket is too
      old, the headset always comes loose. That and I think I'd like front
      shocks.

      So is the Big Dummy actually available yet? Any idea when it will be?

      Is the geometry confirmed? I'd like to compare it with my other bikes
      to see if it's going to fit.

      --
      John Abraham
      jabraham@...

    • Cara Lin Bridgman
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007
        A week or two ago, I emailed Surly and asked them about it. Eric Sovern
        replied, saying late summer to fall. You're right, though, the date
        keeps getting pushed back. He also said that it would be like an
        instigator from seat post tube forward and the color would be something
        subdued. I told him my vote was for black.

        My current bike is instigator-freeradical-stokemonkey. I keep getting
        told in different languages and accents that it's a beautiful bike. It
        surely is. I like the ride, too. Since I got a small instigator frame
        (16 inch seat post tube), however, I had to rig the freeradical so the
        tongue is under the chain stay tube, not over. This arrangement rides
        fine, but keeps working loose and squeaking--and I've already bent the
        FAP. So, I have to work out a jury-rig of some sort to fix it in a more
        permanent way.

        CL