Re: [rootsradicals] Picture Up!

  • Jeff Youngstrom
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 13, 2006
      Are those HokeySpokes I spy on your front wheel?
      http://www.hokeyspokes.com/indexusa.htm

      If so, how do you like them?

      jeffy

      On 2/13/06, Susan <maps@...> wrote:
         Gleaned the best from the crop... it's in the "photos" section.
      Looks just a little like my pic in Bicycling Magazine.

      ride to believe.

      Konjac root Roots blower Ginseng root
      Root canal Root canal therapy Burdock root

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

    • Susan
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 16, 2006
        I do like them, tho' they are sort of pricey (but I suppose not much
        less than a half decent headlight). The batteries lasted from October
        to now, definitely above the 48 hours per the advertisement. I
        *really* like the side visibility when I'm coming up on an
        intersection; I like waving orange at people as I cross a campus with
        people in so many orange shirts.
        My friend got some for Christmas, and has jsut put three of them on
        (or two?) - and one of them is always blinking from one tiny light
        from one corner, which is weird. Another lady in town got some for
        her husband (um, I guess they are contagious :-)) and ended up
        returning them for replacements because they kept spontaneously
        turning themselves on. The return was no problem though. And, I
        don't know if there is a connection between my not having problems and
        having gotten them directly from the company, and the other folks'
        getting them from e-bay... perhaps the beta versions...

        --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Youngstrom <jeffy@...> wrote:

        > Are those HokeySpokes I spy on your front wheel?
        > http://www.hokeyspokes.com/indexusa.htm
        >
        > If so, how do you like them?
        >
        > jeffy
        >
        > On 2/13/06, Susan <maps@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Gleaned the best from the crop... it's in the "photos" section.
        > > Looks just a little like my pic in Bicycling Magazine.
        > >

        > > You're getting this message because you signed up to be an Xtracycle
        > > roots radical.

        > > ride to believe.

        > > Konjac
        root<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Konjac+root&w1=Konjac+root&w2=Roots+blower&w3=Ginseng+root&w4=Root+canal&w5=Root+canal+therapy&w6=Burdock+root&c=6&s=111&.sig=MJaxyW-oYEdEdNGtQru7hg>
        Roots

        Ginseng

        Root

        Root
        > > canal
        therapy<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Root+canal+therapy&w1=Konjac+root&w2=Roots+blower&w3=Ginseng+root&w4=Root+canal&w5=Root+canal+therapy&w6=Burdock+root&c=6&s=111&.sig=gst8ryiTdPs6RbyRUXzNEA>
        Burdock

        > > ------------------------------

      • Susan
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 24, 2006
          Just heard from my other friend who returned them because they kept
          going on of their own volition, and the Hokey SPokes Folks sort of
          just didn't believe them because they couldn't replicate it. Seems
          that there are some unresolved electronic issues with the infrared=ness.
          I really like the side visibility, and mine have been flawless.
          There are probably simpler spoke-light options out there for those who
          aren't ready for Down Low Glow :-)
        • Brooking, John
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 27, 2006
            There are TireFlys: http://store.tireflysonline.com/bicycles.html

            Haven't used them myself, but I've heard from others who have on the
            Commuting subforum of www.bikeforums.net.

            - John (lurker, bike commuter, potential Xtracycle owner, first post,
            receive the list at work address in digest form)

            --

            This message may contain information which is private, privileged or confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in the message. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender thereof and destroy / delete the message. Neither the sender nor Sappi Limited (including its subsidiaries and associated companies) shall incur any liability resulting directly or indirectly from accessing any of the attached files which may contain a virus or the like.
          • Susan
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 27, 2006
              They got these at places like Casey's (so probably at 7-11 in other
              parts of the planet) and department stores (I assume Wally WSorld,
              though I don't darken their doors).

              They're nice for the price but don't really supply that much light.
              Sometimes tho' I think that's an advantage - the "what the heck is
              htat?" response is sometimes better than "oh, it's a bike, I'm sure
              it's not going fast enough to..."

              --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Brooking, John"