Big Dummy status

  • jeabraham
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007
      My ride is starting to suck. I realize that most of what sucks is
      frame related -- it doesn't fit quite right, the bottom bracket is too
      old, the headset always comes loose. That and I think I'd like front
      shocks.

      So is the Big Dummy actually available yet? Any idea when it will be?

      Is the geometry confirmed? I'd like to compare it with my other bikes
      to see if it's going to fit.

      --
      John Abraham
      jabraham@...
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007
        last i read on the Surly Blog they were saying that it should be avail this fall.
        so im guessing this winter.
        im waiting too.

        peace...d

        On Jun 1, 2007, at 11:35 AM, jeabraham wrote:

        My ride is starting to suck. I realize that most of what sucks is
        frame related -- it doesn't fit quite right, the bottom bracket is too
        old, the headset always comes loose. That and I think I'd like front
        shocks.

        So is the Big Dummy actually available yet? Any idea when it will be?

        Is the geometry confirmed? I'd like to compare it with my other bikes
        to see if it's going to fit.

        --
        John Abraham
        jabraham@ucalgary.ca

      • john fracisco

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007
            A week or two ago, I emailed Surly and asked them about it. Eric Sovern
            replied, saying late summer to fall. You're right, though, the date
            keeps getting pushed back. He also said that it would be like an
            instigator from seat post tube forward and the color would be something
            subdued. I told him my vote was for black.

            My current bike is instigator-freeradical-stokemonkey. I keep getting
            told in different languages and accents that it's a beautiful bike. It
            surely is. I like the ride, too. Since I got a small instigator frame
            (16 inch seat post tube), however, I had to rig the freeradical so the
            tongue is under the chain stay tube, not over. This arrangement rides
            fine, but keeps working loose and squeaking--and I've already bent the
            FAP. So, I have to work out a jury-rig of some sort to fix it in a more
            permanent way.

            CL