Picture Up!

  • Susan
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 13, 2006
      Gleaned the best from the crop... it's in the "photos" section.
      Looks just a little like my pic in Bicycling Magazine.
    • Jeff Youngstrom
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 13, 2006
        Are those HokeySpokes I spy on your front wheel?
        http://www.hokeyspokes.com/indexusa.htm

        If so, how do you like them?

        jeffy

        On 2/13/06, Susan <maps@...> wrote:
           Gleaned the best from the crop... it's in the "photos" section.
        Looks just a little like my pic in Bicycling Magazine.

        ride to believe.

        Konjac root Roots blower Ginseng root
        Root canal Root canal therapy Burdock root

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      • Susan
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 16, 2006
          I do like them, tho' they are sort of pricey (but I suppose not much
          less than a half decent headlight). The batteries lasted from October
          to now, definitely above the 48 hours per the advertisement. I
          *really* like the side visibility when I'm coming up on an
          intersection; I like waving orange at people as I cross a campus with
          people in so many orange shirts.
          My friend got some for Christmas, and has jsut put three of them on
          (or two?) - and one of them is always blinking from one tiny light
          from one corner, which is weird. Another lady in town got some for
          her husband (um, I guess they are contagious :-)) and ended up
          returning them for replacements because they kept spontaneously
          turning themselves on. The return was no problem though. And, I
          don't know if there is a connection between my not having problems and
          having gotten them directly from the company, and the other folks'
          getting them from e-bay... perhaps the beta versions...

          --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Youngstrom <jeffy@...> wrote:

          > Are those HokeySpokes I spy on your front wheel?
          > http://www.hokeyspokes.com/indexusa.htm
          >
          > If so, how do you like them?
          >
          > jeffy
          >
          > On 2/13/06, Susan <maps@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Gleaned the best from the crop... it's in the "photos" section.
          > > Looks just a little like my pic in Bicycling Magazine.
          > >

          > > You're getting this message because you signed up to be an Xtracycle
          > > roots radical.

          > > ride to believe.

          > > Konjac
          root<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Konjac+root&w1=Konjac+root&w2=Roots+blower&w3=Ginseng+root&w4=Root+canal&w5=Root+canal+therapy&w6=Burdock+root&c=6&s=111&.sig=MJaxyW-oYEdEdNGtQru7hg>
          Roots

          Ginseng

          Root

          Root
          > > canal
          therapy<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Root+canal+therapy&w1=Konjac+root&w2=Roots+blower&w3=Ginseng+root&w4=Root+canal&w5=Root+canal+therapy&w6=Burdock+root&c=6&s=111&.sig=gst8ryiTdPs6RbyRUXzNEA>
          Burdock

          > > ------------------------------

        • Susan
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 24, 2006
            Just heard from my other friend who returned them because they kept
            going on of their own volition, and the Hokey SPokes Folks sort of
            just didn't believe them because they couldn't replicate it. Seems
            that there are some unresolved electronic issues with the infrared=ness.
            I really like the side visibility, and mine have been flawless.
            There are probably simpler spoke-light options out there for those who
            aren't ready for Down Low Glow :-)
          • Brooking, John
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 27, 2006
              There are TireFlys: http://store.tireflysonline.com/bicycles.html

              Haven't used them myself, but I've heard from others who have on the
              Commuting subforum of www.bikeforums.net.

              - John (lurker, bike commuter, potential Xtracycle owner, first post,
              receive the list at work address in digest form)

              --

              This message may contain information which is private, privileged or confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in the message. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender thereof and destroy / delete the message. Neither the sender nor Sappi Limited (including its subsidiaries and associated companies) shall incur any liability resulting directly or indirectly from accessing any of the attached files which may contain a virus or the like.
            • Susan
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 27, 2006
                They got these at places like Casey's (so probably at 7-11 in other
                parts of the planet) and department stores (I assume Wally WSorld,
                though I don't darken their doors).

                They're nice for the price but don't really supply that much light.
                Sometimes tho' I think that's an advantage - the "what the heck is
                htat?" response is sometimes better than "oh, it's a bike, I'm sure
                it's not going fast enough to..."

                --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Brooking, John"