Re: Drop Bars on an Xtra

  • Rich
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 5, 2010
      At the drops widest point the WTB Dirt Drops are almost 600mm wide per my measurement of a pair I have done nothing with so far. For comparison the Big Dummy bars are about 660mm wide.

      If you have them set up so YOU are comfortable with them then I see no reason to change. I have seen bikes with drop bars set up at heights which vary from well above the saddle to way below. Use what you are comfortable with.

      Install the Xtracycle kit and then change the bars only if you find a functional reason to do so. After all the bike is yours and should be set up to fit you and your preferences in bike fit and riding position.

      If you normally ride on the hoods on drop bars then a change to flat or riser bars will also probably require a stem change too to give a similar reach and riding position if you want to maintain that. Some riders want an upright ride on a cargo bike and others prefer a more forward lean but for your bike it is your call.

      Rich Wood