Re: Foot Pegs/ footsies DIY

  • katethelizard
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 4 4:33 PM
      Bar ends do look cool, and good for lashing.

      I built a lightweight removable set that fit into the front opening where wideloaders go. They're made of a wooden paint roller handle extenstion kit, and kid's bike bar grips. The pegs stow when not in use, and the orange connector lives inside the FreeRad tube. WideLoaders can still be inserted with the connector in there. The pegs aren't strong enough to be stood on by an adult, but are good enough for riding, and won't bark your shins when they're not there.

      Photos and instructions here on RootsRad under "Kate's X":

      Cheers,
      Kate