Re: New Shimano 11 speed IGH Announced!

  • speedub_nate
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2010
      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Rich" <astronut1001@...> wrote:

      > Just posted by a member of the Geared Hub Bikes Yahoo group. A new alternative IGH choice for those who want a less expensive alternative to the Rohloff hub.

      Outstanding!

      With all the trouble I'm going through to get a Nuvinci mated to my Freerad, it better not disappoint or there will be a change of ingredients.

      Most impressive in the list of specs is the oil bath lubrication. If the seals are good enough to keep oil in, they will keep water and contaminants out.

      It remains to be seen if it will measure up to Rohloff's reliability -- Speedhubs are so pricey for a reason -- but if the current Nexus and Alfine hubs are an indication, it'll be a solid hub for cargo bikes.