Fwd: Car-free SF tonight at 995 Market

  • Philip.X.Diaz
    Message 1 of 1 , May 22, 2007
      I was hoping to make it to this event tonight (below) to show off our pimped-out FreeRad-equipped bike, but I won't be able to attend.

      Perhaps one of you in the SF area could show up and extoll the virtues and benefits of the long-tail bike life!

      One warning: they will have bike parking inside the building on the 6th floor, but the FreeRad and older (non-ADA) elevators don't get along too well.

      -Philip Diaz
      Berkeley

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: "lin_z_wilson" <maypop@...>
      Date: May 22, 2007 11:59:32 AM PDT
      Subject: [permaculture-sf] Car-free SF tonight at 995 Market

      Sorry, this is last minute!

      Subject: [D6inSF] Tuesday: Car-Free Living Tips & Tricks

      Nearly 4 in 10 households in district 6 do not have access to an
      automobile. Come learn some tips & tricks for living well without a
      car at a Livable City Reception: Car-Free Living Tips & Tricks.

      Panelists will include Brian Smith, the U.S. representative of the
      World CarFree Network, and one of the hosts of the 2008 World
      Car-Free Cities, to take place in Portland, OR. The evening will
      focus on practical tips for living car-free, from walking, using
      transit, bicycling, and car-sharing. It will also include a
      discussion of how to promote car-free living to the public.

      Free to Livable City, SFBC, and Walk San Francisco members; $5-20
      donation requested for non-members (or join one of the organizations!)

      Tuesday, May 22
      6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
      Livable City HQ at "the Treehouse",
      995 Market St. (at 6th), 15th floor