Re: [rootsradicals] Tarp-tent with Xtracycle

  • MH
    Message 1 of 35 , Feb 1, 2010
      It gets kind of cold where I live. This video is interesting of some that
      use a Hennessey hammock when is cold out. Now mind you in my neck of the
      woods its only gotten to -10F. or -23C. so far this winter.

      Minus 26º Minnesota Backpack Hammock Quest On The SHT
      9:43 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jnoo4BPe2eo

      -Mark Hoagy

    • Cara Lin Bridgman
      Message 35 of 35 , Feb 24, 2010
        Hi Kate,

        That zipper mod does look nice. It adds weight. Also, I'm not sure how
        well zippers work under pressure of getting into and out of a hammock,
        but quite a few hammocks do use zippers.

        The Hennessey is the lightest complete package. Even so, I'm thinking
        I'd probably prefer something like this
        <http://www.mosquitohammock.com/mosquitohammock.html>, but with black
        netting (white isn't see-through). I like being able to sleep in the
        diagonal and I prefer sleeping head right and feet left of the center
        line. Hennessey's Asym hammock are all oriented head left and feet
        right of the center line.

        Yes, try several before you buy. Test each for several nights (like a
        month?), too.

        CL

        katethelizard wrote:
        > Cara Lin,
        >
        > I did some reading up on hammocks, and found a husband-wife team that can modify a Hennessy Hammock with a zipper on the side for that easy outside access without using the bottom slit. Pretty neat.
        >
        > Check out http://www.2qzqhammockhanger.com/
        >
        > I'm experimenting with a couple hammocks friends have loaned me. Fun.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Kate

        Cara Lin Bridgman cara.lin@...

        Taichung County 43499