Re: [rootsradicals] Tarp-tent with Xtracycle

  • MH
    Message 1 of 35 , Feb 1, 2010
      With the Pyramid Fly (Miner's tent, Square tent, Range tent, etc) I can just
      tie it to a tree limb but I like the beaches too. Stakes can be fashioned
      using small wood branches. No big deal. Camping pads sure are nice to
      insulate from cold winds underneath & siting or laying on the grounds. I'm
      not a young pup anymore. Hammocks are great just check for the weight
      capacity with you and the sleeping gear inside. Not a big thing. Enjoy!

      -Mark Hoagy

      Tone wrote:
      > Not needing poles, tent stakes, or a
      > sleeping pad helps in that department
    • Cara Lin Bridgman
      Message 35 of 35 , Feb 24, 2010
        Hi Kate,

        That zipper mod does look nice. It adds weight. Also, I'm not sure how
        well zippers work under pressure of getting into and out of a hammock,
        but quite a few hammocks do use zippers.

        The Hennessey is the lightest complete package. Even so, I'm thinking
        I'd probably prefer something like this
        <http://www.mosquitohammock.com/mosquitohammock.html>, but with black
        netting (white isn't see-through). I like being able to sleep in the
        diagonal and I prefer sleeping head right and feet left of the center
        line. Hennessey's Asym hammock are all oriented head left and feet
        right of the center line.

        Yes, try several before you buy. Test each for several nights (like a
        month?), too.

        CL

        katethelizard wrote:
        > Cara Lin,
        >
        > I did some reading up on hammocks, and found a husband-wife team that can modify a Hennessy Hammock with a zipper on the side for that easy outside access without using the bottom slit. Pretty neat.
        >
        > Check out http://www.2qzqhammockhanger.com/
        >
        > I'm experimenting with a couple hammocks friends have loaned me. Fun.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Kate

        Cara Lin Bridgman cara.lin@...

        Taichung County 43499