Re: [rootsradicals] Re: Rear Lights

  • Pete B
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 1, 2010
      Or try Fibre Flares.

      http://fibreflare.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=4
      http://fibreflare.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6

      I have a green one mounted on the BD's bottom tube (a-la the DLG's) and plan on two for the back (mounted on the v-racks)

      'Newspapers are unable, seemingly, to discriminate between a bicycle accident and the collapse of civilization' : George Bernard Shaw
      Sent from Melbourne, Vic, Australia

      On 28 January 2010 05:42, joseph ford <tommydate@...> wrote:

      anyone tried these yet? the price looks attractive.

      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 1, 2010
        --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "larry_swartz" <larry_swartz@...> wrote:

        > I'm new to the group, just joined and just built up a re-cycled Xtracyle on an old mountain bike. I had a problem that looks like it got addressed before, the losing of a Blinky Superflash while attached to the back of my rack. I'm probably going to bolt a "L" bracket and to the Snap Deck, and then the Planet Bike rack mount to that, hopefully I won't lose the next one. But my question is, has anybody tried to use the Reelights? It attaches to the rear dropout, and even though it will be far back into the bike, as a backup it should be fine. Just wondering about interference with the bags.
        >
        > Thanks
        > Larry

        ~~~Late to the party on this thread, thought i'd chime in none the less=:-)

        I have a pair of Reelights mounted on my SWB bent...some pics here-

        http://www.flickr.com/photos/26137108@N04/4134017438/

        http://www.flickr.com/photos/26137108@N04/4133248121/

        http://www.flickr.com/photos/26137108@N04/4133230623/

        I like the general idea of the Reelight concept but in practice, this is not a very bright light. It will however work w/o batteries. You don't even have to turn them on, just peddle away, but the light is not bright as it is a 2 LED light powered via magnets.

        And I doubt they would work very long on the rear of an X equipped bike. Loading the left free rad and you chance damaging the rear Reelight

        I went cheap and bought the set w/o the rear standlight. If I had it to all over I would get the standlight as when you are not pedalling, the light wont shine. Not good if you're stopped on the side of a public road at odark thirty, so if you buy a set of these for any of your bikes, get the standlight version

        IMO the Reelight is a good emergency light at night. Certainly worthy of a purchase but if you are after a bright daytime running light (friont or rear) look elsewhere

        Jake
        Reddick Fla.
        Good judgement comes from bad experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.