Beer transport?

  • ama3655@aol.com
    Message 1 of 46 , Jan 27, 2010
      One of the things I routinely transport is beer. Bottled beer. Belgian Ales to be specific. While trying to carry a few home with the Big Dummy I managed to break one bottle and "over excite" the rest. It took them a few days to calm down enough to be drinkable. Very unacceptable. Since then I break out the minivan for beer runs.

      Has anyone devised a scheme to transport fragile cargo using a cargo bike without breakage or undue stress?

      Thanks - FatRob
    • sh8knj8kster
      Message 46 of 46 , Apr 8, 2010
        --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Cara Lin Bridgman <shokulan@...> wrote:

        clip, clip, clip

        > For Taiwanese, being allergic to wheat and gluten is just bizarre. No
        > one around here is, but there could be a few closet cases from the Dutch
        > and Spanish DNA injected into the population 400 years ago. What my
        > husband has discovered is that some Asians are allergic to rice. I read
        > an interesting article in Trends in Ecology and Evolution a few years
        > ago that pointed out that all these food allergies (wheat, nuts, rice,
        > whatever) started to emerge when humans switched to farming from
        > hunter-gathering. Maybe my ancestors were always allergic to wheat, but
        > it didn't become a problem until wheat took over the diet 12,000 years
        > ago when my ancestors started farming wheat in Europe. The explanation
        > offered in TREE is that a hunter-gatherer diet is so mind-bogglingly
        > diverse, that anyone with a food allergy was not exposed to it long
        > enough to develop the allergic response. Farmed food, however, is much
        > less diverse, giving the allergies enough exposure to develop.
        >
        > Nope, not about bikes. To get back to bikes, at CrazyguyonaBike, a
        > French guy with celiac disease (he only mentions he cannot eat gluten)
        > spends 89 days biking across the the USA (New York to San Francisco).
        > He describes his journey in 'A Frog hops across America'
        > <http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=RrzKj&doc_id=3117&v=I0&term=frog&context=all>.
        >
        > He also describes how difficult it was to get people to understand that
        > since he can't eat gluten, he can't eat crackers with that salad.
        >
        > CL

        ~~~~used to study natural hygiene...was hard for me to convert over to that way of eating...I think it is the best though as they focus on eating mostly whole natural and raw foods, with cooked foods getting very little attention

        my understanding of the typical oriental diet, since meat protiens make up less than 10% of the overall diet, they aren't experiencing the problems western diets and eaters of do...the diets of kings and queens...so what rice they do eat, although not raw, is whole, and they aren't getting the ill effects from too much meat

        please excuse my rambling but, natural hygiene can teach some very valuable lessons on health, like *health care is self care*..know what you eat, what it does to you, or for you

        Okay, I'll go crawl back into my hole=:-)

        Jake
        Reddick Fla.
        No matter how far a jackass travels, it won't come back a horse

        http://www.shakinjake.blogspot.com/