Re: [rootsradicals] I need a chain - does xtracycle sell a long 8 speed chain???

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 4, 2010
      Just buy two SRAM 8-speed chains and a chain tool for shortening (11-12 half-turns pushes the rivet through), link them with their PowerLinks, and you're good to go.

      On 2010-01-04, at 9:44 PM, Kwikfile wrote:

      > Maybe I was dreaming but I thought I saw a chain for a 8 speed back about a month ago??
      >
      > Thanks Roots!
    • Dave Lloyd
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 4, 2010
        I purchased my last one from biketrailershop.com. They sell the long
        length chain for xtracycles.

        --

        --dlloyd
      • Ben Rosenthal
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 6, 2010
          You did when Xtracycle was still carrying them. Now, Dave's comment is more relevant.

          On 4 Jan 2010, at 21:44, Kwikfile wrote:

          Maybe I was dreaming but I thought I saw a chain for a 8 speed back about a month ago??

          Thanks Roots!
        • Carl Ray
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 8, 2010
            A couple months ago?? I am not even sure - kinda fuzzy.

            On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 9:09 AM, Ben Rosenthal <earthsaver@...> wrote:

            You did when Xtracycle was still carrying them. Now, Dave's comment is more relevant.

            On 4 Jan 2010, at 21:44, Kwikfile wrote:

            Maybe I was dreaming but I thought I saw a chain for a 8 speed back about a month ago??

            Thanks Roots!

            --

            "It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them." – Ernest Hemingway