I need a chain - does xtracycle sell a long 8 speed chain???

  • Kwikfile
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 4, 2010
      Maybe I was dreaming but I thought I saw a chain for a 8 speed back about a month ago??

      Thanks Roots!
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 4, 2010
        Just buy two SRAM 8-speed chains and a chain tool for shortening (11-12 half-turns pushes the rivet through), link them with their PowerLinks, and you're good to go.

        On 2010-01-04, at 9:44 PM, Kwikfile wrote:

        > Maybe I was dreaming but I thought I saw a chain for a 8 speed back about a month ago??
        >
        > Thanks Roots!
      • Dave Lloyd
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 4, 2010
          I purchased my last one from biketrailershop.com. They sell the long
          length chain for xtracycles.

          --

          --dlloyd
        • Ben Rosenthal
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 6, 2010
            You did when Xtracycle was still carrying them. Now, Dave's comment is more relevant.

            On 4 Jan 2010, at 21:44, Kwikfile wrote:

            Maybe I was dreaming but I thought I saw a chain for a 8 speed back about a month ago??

            Thanks Roots!
          • Carl Ray
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 8, 2010
              A couple months ago?? I am not even sure - kinda fuzzy.

              On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 9:09 AM, Ben Rosenthal <earthsaver@...> wrote:

              You did when Xtracycle was still carrying them. Now, Dave's comment is more relevant.

              On 4 Jan 2010, at 21:44, Kwikfile wrote:

              Maybe I was dreaming but I thought I saw a chain for a 8 speed back about a month ago??

              Thanks Roots!

              --

              "It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them." – Ernest Hemingway