Re: rear light

  • Drew
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 4, 2010
      The specific problem, not just with the superflash, but with every other cheapish battery powered blinky, is that on occasion, usually on dismounting a curb or hitting some other bump in the road, the moment arm being behind the wheel causes the detachable light to fall off its post. Loosening of the mount is the other problem I have had, and some solutions to that have been mentioned here -- thanks!

      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "speedub_nate" <speedub.nate@...> wrote:

      > --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Drew" <awade1975@> wrote:
      >
      > > I have had a heck of a time keeping rear lights to stay attached to the freerad going over curbs and such in the last few years. I now just use a helmet mounted superflash as a result.
      >
      > Were you having a specific problem keeping the Planet Bike Super Flash staying attached? FWIW, the Super Flash it the brightest, most noticeable among the "cost effective" tail lights that I've found. I haven't had any issues with mine on the skinny stays on my folder, so am wondering if there's something particular about the Free Rad that causes it to be unsteady. It'd be a shame if I couldn't rely on it.
      >
      > I don't know how well this holds up after 3 years, but here's a comparison video I made of the Super Flash vs. the CatEye LD1000:
      >
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl5y72POyiU

    • David Dannenberg
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 5, 2010
        I do something similar, but with Superblinkies. I recommend the Superblinky very highly. Super bright, durable and simple.

        David
      • Beth Aiton
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 5, 2010
          I have a great red light attached to the Velcro on my freeloader. I haven't lost yet. Also have old headlamp zipped tied to me ecodeck. It has red and white. I also have two others attached to the sides of deck.

          Sent from my iPhone