Re: [rootsradicals] Re: Xtracycle mountain biking (real trail riding) with kid-passenger

  • Andy Cohen
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2009
      Here's my disclaimer: I have no experience taking kids on Xtracycles or Trail-a-bikes. I have, however, ridden a lot on a recumbent bike, and I know that it's unpleasant to go over bumps on it, because you can't use your legs as shock absorbers. Sometimes, I've been bounced right out of my seat. If you land back on the seat, it's good. If you don't land back on the seat, it's not so good. I suspect that your Xtracycle passenger, who would be in a similar riding position, would have a similar experience.

         - Andy