Re: For sale: Xtracycle in Seattle

  • anthonyeberger
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 18 8:55 AM
      This is basically the Xtra I ride now. I built it, didn't buy complete from Xtra. I'm very happy with it so far. It has a 203 on the rear and stock 160 disc on the front.

      I started my xtra's with a Novara from REI because I wanted internal gears, then I went to a old TREK steel frame bike because i had it laying around. It is a 950 mountain frame but I was running with 700's again because of the internal 8 speed. The Marin is standard geared bike and I was concerned about the chain length. Well, after two months of use (and building it myself, a first for me) I am happy to say it has been rock solid. I have SweetSkins on it and the ride is very comfortable even with a ridged fork.

      I got the Marin frame for $240 and my Xtra (also used) for 225. Considering you don't have to build the one here that is for sale, I think this is a fair price for a turn key ride.

      Time to ride so I guess I will pull out said bike and try it out in the supposed snow they are stating is on its way.

      Tony B.