Re: Intro; Free Rad 650B on a 29"er frame...

  • speedub_nate
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 17, 2009
      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Bill Swingle <unfurl@...> wrote:

      > Just to second this kind of config, I love my 26" Schwalbe Marathon XR
      > HS 359 tires. At 2.25" they're quite beefy, do well at low pressure,
      > have just enough tread to take on nearly anything and roll unbelievably
      > well to boot. I personally wouldn't trade up to 700c because of the
      > limited tire selection. The suspension value of the fatter tires is
      > unbelievable. After riding only my XR-equipped X for over a month I
      > hopped on my road bike and was shocked at how much road vibration I'd
      > been missing out on. :)

      Awesome. I'm looking forward to trying these fatties (though I'm excited I found an acceptable way to stick with 29" Big Apples on the front end).

      I read a post with a rider reporting his fat rear tire was interfering with his Kickback kickstand. I think he was running a 2.35 Big Apple. Anyone else run into this?