Re: [rootsradicals] Re: Clearance Issue: Free Radical and Sliding Dropouts...

  • Sean Moore
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 13, 2009
      hah!  I forgot that chainring nuts were like that. durrrr!  I think that would work, but I'd be checking them pretty often at first.

      I have a Shimano IGH and don't use a tensioner.  It was a PITA to adjust until I figured out I could use the top stay to gain mechanical advantage by squeezing it against the chain stays of the bike, back and forth tightening one at a time.  I can easily over-tighten the chain now.

      --
      Sean Moore
      moore.sean@...

      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Sean Moore <moore.sean@...> wrote:

      > oh, and chain slack can be managed by removing links of chain.

      I'll give Edwin @ VD a chance to get back to me. Tonight I was thinking I can try reducing the second bolt by one diameter and using a T-nut (aka undersized chainring nut) in the orange slot, and thread the bolt through from the >inside< of the frame. That might not be full strength, but I think it would do the job.

      I'm planning on an Alfine for this bike, so am counting on the sliders to prevent the need for a tensioner.