PPLTPP

  • Rick Pickett
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2009
      From one of our PeaPod Pilots:

      ---

      3 problems solved

      I am Juliana Crownover and was part of the pea pod pilot.  Our dear friend
      Brandon Wert helped us tweak the radish so it would work perfectly for our
      family.  We wanted to share what we did.  I've copied Brandon on this
      e-mail.  I've attached photos of the foot pegs, and handelbars so you can
      visualise what he is talking about.

      We love our radish!  -Juliana

      This is Brandon's descriptions of his adaptations

      >> I think it would be good to share descriptions of what we did with
      >> extra-cycle.
      >>
      >> I really appreciate your enthusiasm for this project, here's to good stuff
      >> being contagious too!
      >>
      >> 1) Providing handle bars for riders on the Snap Deck with a pilot requiring
      >> the seat post to be lowered too far to accommodate a stoker bar was achieved
      >> by attaching an adjustable goose neck to the seat tube just above the top
      >> tube and just below the quick release for the seat post. A set of "low rider"
      >> bars provided the elevation necessary for riders to be able to hang on
      >> comfortably.
      >>
      >> 2) Since Footsies are not compatible with the Kick Back we opted for
      >> "motorcycle" style foot pegs. We cut a flat bar in half, fitted it with the
      >> springs and button for securing it to the bottom tube on the Free Radical and
      >> added a set of hand grips for comfortable and secure footing for passengers.
      >> We also cut the bars to length so that they would not be too long.
      >>
      >> 3) A simple gardener's kneeling cushion bolted to the Snap Deck with four 1/4
      >> X 2 inch bolts with washers solved the padding issues for rear riders.
      >>
      >> 4) One frustration was the amount of time it took to change the position of
      >> the Pea Pod. This was primarily because the Pea Pod bolts to a set of
      >> brackets and the brackets bolt to the snap deck. It seems that it would be
      >> much simpler and safer to have the Pea Pod bolt directly to the Snap Deck.
      >>
      >> bw

      "When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race."  – H.G. Wells

      graphical structuralist rick@...
      888.537-1401 x709 | oh the things you'll haul