new blog, roots database question

  • kipchogenotkip
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 11, 2007
      We launched a new blog today. The old one, the Pleasant Revolution, will likely make a transition to a slightly different purpose, while the new one, the Xtracycle Diaries , will more closely follow the history and currents of the company and its people.

      In other news, I'm wondering what everyone thinks of the test ride database. Are any of you using it? Have any of you been contacted about offering a ride? Have any connections been made? Any suggestions about making it more useful?

      later taters,
      kipchoge
    • Susan
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 12, 2007
        I found Xtracycle online and based on my LBS guy's willingness to
        install it for me (and he'd heard of it and thought it was "a
        reasonable and interesting option") went for it with no test ride; I
        didn't know there were already 2 in the neighborhood. (While I was
        getting it installed I saw the other two on the same day... was I
        unable to see them before??)

        Now we are at least 9 but I don't think anybody's used the test drive
        database. THey just see these puppies.

        The new blog looks fun; too bad I couldn't be the first to leave a
        comment, 'cause I'd have to "log in" and I don't have a log.

        --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "kipchogenotkip" <kipchoge@...>
        wrote:

        > We launched a new blog today. The old one, the Pleasant Revolution, will
        > likely make a transition to a slightly different purpose, while the new
        > one, the Xtracycle Diaries <http://www.xtracycle.com/blog> , will more
        > closely follow the history and currents of the company and its people.
        >
        > In other news, I'm wondering what everyone thinks of the test ride
        > database <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rootsradicals/database> . Are
        > any of you using it? Have any of you been contacted about offering a
        > ride? Have any connections been made? Any suggestions about making it
        > more useful?
        >
        > later taters,
        > kipchoge

      • Juergen Weichert
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 12, 2007
          One limit to using the database is that it requires signing up for a
          Yahoo account (unlike this list). Not everyone wants to create a new
          account just to view this database or to add themselves. Otherwise I
          would have added myself to the list but I don't want to sign up for yet
          another account.

          Could we have a publicly visible list somewhere that doesn't require
          membership? I would gladly make my bike(s) available for test rides.

          Juergen
          Ottawa, Canada