Re: [rootsradicals] Abusing your Big Dummy

  • Andrew Kreps
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3 12:17 PM
      On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 6:44 PM, philip_b_chase <philipbchase@...> wrote:

      > So how cruel are you to your BD?

      Let me count the ways.

      Commuting through all kinds of weather? Check.

      Jumping off of curbs? Check.

      Overloading the GBWR with three passengers? Check.

      Riding off-road down and around Smith Rock loaded with racks and ropes? Check.

      Destroying a rear wheel in less than 1300 miles? Check.

      Taking a piece out of a concrete flower box with my wideloader? Double check.

      I have photos of most of these events. I'll post them up for all to
      see. The rear wheel was a serious job. The sidewall of the rim (not
      the tire) gave out. Every drive-side spoke has developed cracks from
      trying to rip through the rim. I'm a walking advertisement for doing
      it right the second time. :) Next up, learning how to wheelie drop!