Re: [rootsradicals] Re: Nuvinci's weight and handling on an Xtracycle

  • Steve Lange
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2009
      On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 10:07 PM, adrianquan <aquan@...> wrote:

       Oddly enough I find that if I really lean forward into the turn, turns feel easier and more stable.

      Do you have a more upright position (cruiser or North Roads - style bar)?  That would potential shift the Xtracycle's overall weight distribution rearward (vs. a MTB or road bike style seating position) and hypothetically increase the likelihood of the bike wanting to swap ends when turning.
    • adrianquan
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 2, 2009
        It's a standard MTB setup with an Origin8 Space Bar. (It angles your hands a bit but doesn't sweep back, so balance-wise, you're still in the same spot as with a flat bar.) Good to know, though!