RE: [rootsradicals] Question about carrying multiple young children.

  • Liz W. Durham
    Message 1 of 28 , Oct 23, 2009

      I think it is a matter of preference. I did not like having the trailer on the streets I ride on..some are pretty busy. And I could not easily check in with how my son was doing. I started riding with my son right around 12 months of age in the Bobike front mount seat. I had a couple of toys that I attached to his seat straps so he could play with them but they would not fall. Since he was in front of me I could just hand him a drink or food…that will be harder with him in back. The times he fell asleep he stayed restrained by the straps but his head did loll a bit. Of course, he rarely falls asleep on the bike. As for squirming…he learned fast to not do crazy rocking from side to side (I stop pedaling and come to a stop). I hardly notice small squirming with him on the back seat now that I have a BD. But you are talking about 2 potential squirmers on the back. Could be different.