How my two kids ride on the X

  • philip_b_chase
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 23, 2009
      The recent thread about multiple kids riding on the X reminded me of my daughter's riding style. My kids are 7 and 10 and have been riding on the back of X (or a Big Dummy) to school in the mornings for 2 years. They've never had anything more than the standard front foot pegs, the foot rests of the Big Dummy and one set of stoker bars hung off my seat post.

      My son rides in the front and regularly uses the foot pegs and the stoker, but I wasn't sure how my daughter rode. With all 3 of our back back packs the Freeloaders are quite plump. When the bike is loaded we refer to it as "the fat horse".

      So asked my daughter the other day where she rests her feet? Her answer: she rides jockey style. Her lower are horizontal legs tucked back gripping the bags. She *never* uses the foot rests because she can't reach them with the "horse" being so fat. If it's cold she'll hug her brother and tuck in, but usually her torso is upright and she's hands free.

      I probably should point out this is the same girl that figured out all on her own that she could kneel on the deck and later stand and surf on the deck. She's very comfortable on the X. :-)

      Philip