974Re: [rootsradicals] Re: greatgreengadgets.com � Blog Archive � Sport Utility Bicycle (S.U.B.)

  • Ellen Stoune Duralia
    Apr 2, 2007
      Re: [rootsradicals] Re: greatgreengadgets.com � Blog Archive � Sport Utility Bicycle (S.U.B.) Uuumm! Key Lime pie... My favorite!

      Ok, to get it to where you need to go, first get one of those Tupperware cake containers. Run a kitchen towel around the bottom of your pie plate to act as a “bumper”. Put the lid on and attach to your rack via bungee cords, making sure to use more than you need so that sucker doesn’t slide around. Trust me, this can be done and your pie will arrive intact.

      Happy Eating!!

      On 4/2/07 3:24 PM, "Susan" <maps@...> wrote:

      Darned cool!  I posted a reply to add to the effect. (Not only is it
      out there, but people notice maybe?)

      So.  Here's my problem.  I made a key lime pie with a lovely meringue.
       How can I carry *that* on my bicycle?

      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com <mailto:rootsradicals%40yahoogroups.com> , "Pete B" <nackterman@...> wrote:
      > The message is getting out there in blog-land.
      > --------------------------------
      > Sport Utility Bicycle (S.U.B.) from xtracycle.com 6 new S.U.B. models
      > starting at $599.00
      > Much of urban driving is just running errands to various stores to
      get a few
      > items. Why use a truck disguised as a car to carry a few groceries? More
      > people are dumping the gas guzzling SUV's for the clean and green
      > These bikes are built not only lightweight, compact and strong but can
      > easily carry your groceries, supplies, even another passenger.
      Xtracycle has
      > a photo gallery that shows images and videos of creative uses of the
      > to carry an amazing amount of stuff, one photo shows a guy with a
      > table and chairs on the back. If more people used bikes to get
      around not
      > only would there be less pollution, we could see a lot more people
      in shape
      > and having healthier lifestyles. Here is another link to their page
      on the
      > bicycle lifestyle.

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic