963Re: [rootsradicals] Re: biggest size tires with fenders on a 700c X?

  • Cara Lin Bridgman
    Mar 29, 2007
      I'm not using super fat tires, just regular mountain bike tires, but I
      insist on fenders. On my previous bike, the aluminum fender would
      rattle against the snap deck. It also started wearing a hole in it.
      So, I found a bit of felt, cut a 1/2" by 2" piece, and glued it to the
      fender. No more rattles.

      Assembling my new bike (Surly Instigator-xtracycle), I was surprised to
      find the new fenders (black plastic from xtracycle) did not come in
      contact with the snap deck. I had carefully set them low. They were
      very easy to adjust.

      CL
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic