9435Re: [rootsradicals] Wideloaders

  • Rick | Xtracycle, Inc
    Aug 4, 2009
      Just to avoid confusion, I think you meant "...where it entered the FreeRadical" (FreeLoaders are the bags/slings that have the buckles).

      WideLoaders are made of aluminum, so, you may be at a loss to reweld such thin material, but try if you've got the resources.

      Great thing about the Xtracycle system is that it uses standard diameter tubing (22.2mm) that you can find on a variety of every day items (crutches, frames of other products, etc.). Let us know what works for you and glad you're safe.

      Cheers,
      Rick

      On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 10:29 AM, Devin Quince <coultraguy@...> wrote:

      I misjudged my width tapped a parked car the other day going around 12 mph with no real incident i.e. no crash, but when I got home my wife noticed my wideloader had sheared off at the front connection point where it entered the freeloader. Anyone else have this happen and would it be worth it to get it welded?
      Blessings,
      Devin

      --
      graphic structuralist | rick@...
      888 537 1401 x709 | the original longtail company