934Re: Noob around these parts

  • forschmiedt
    Mar 10, 2007
      Hi Judy,

      Have you seen the Stokemonkey yet?
      Check out cleverchimp.com to read about it. I know of at least one
      local woman who used the Stokemonkey to help her riding sooner after
      getting hit by a car on her Xtracycle.
      She had her Stokemonkey setup on a recumbant trike so she could get
      peddling even sooner.
      There's a couple pics of her crunched Xtracycle in the photo gallery
      here under Aarons Bike Repair's folder. She's Aaron's wife.

      Check this page a bit over half way down the page for a pic of Gypsie
      on her trike with son in tow. The red thing by her knees is the
      Stokemonkey motor. http://www.rideyourbike.com/xtracycleride5.html

      Good luck in your recovery.
      FF

      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Judy Hayes" <mj@...> wrote:

      > Wow, very nice... I like those ideas...
      >
      > I am trying to find out how many Xtracycles addicts are here in
      > Tucson. I am going to join a bike club, so maybe I will run into some
      > there... we are such a HUGE biking town, couple that with good
      > weather, and 1 million people, I would hope there would be a couple
      > fellow Xtracyclers around here hehe.
      >
      > I obviously need to work on getting my legs working without my wheel
      > chair or anything, but when I do my big dream is to do some nice
      > biking trips... I dont have any friends or family that would do that,
      > which is why I am really trying to find a local community that might
      > be interested.
      >
      > I see so many switching to drum brakes, I figured while I am at the
      > shop today I would pick their full of good bike knowledge brains, and
      > see what mods I want to look into.
      >
      > I am really considering looking at putting a little motor on one of my
      > bikes ( also going to be converted into an SUB) that way on my weak
      > days where I cant get myself walking I have no excuse, I can pile my
      > walker or wheel chair onto my bike and off we go! Any info on those is
      > appreciated.
      >
      > Wow, 87 degrees today, that is just crazy, what happened to spring here!
      >
      > Judy Lynn
      >
      > --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Susan" <maps@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Welcome!!
      > >
      > > Drooling at the possibilities of spring coming to ILlinois, here :)
      > >
      > > Happy modifications!
      > >
      > > On my most recent foray into the bike shop, I was informed that
      > > somebody had brought in an Xtracycle to be installed. That would make
      > > eight that I know of here.
      > >
      > > I've just gotten a new front wheel on mine - with drum brake and
      > > generator hub, since I liked the setup on my Gazelle so much. The
      > > Lumotech is BRIGHT!! (There's a small glitch... it won't turn off...
      > > further exploring to be done...)

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic