      From: jparks781 <joel.parks@...>
      Subject: [rootsradicals] Re: 4th of July Float Ideas?
      To: rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, June 30, 2009, 9:08 PM

      Sounds like fun, I just read today's Yehuda Moon strip, and the "Free Range Vehicle" slogan seems to be appropriate if you want a sign / slogan.

      http://www.yehudamo on.com/index. php?date= 2009-06-30

      Of course, it is a _cargo_ bike, so you might consider "dressing it up" with some cargo. Like dog food, kitty litter, case(s) of beer, landscaping equipment, beach umbrella+folding chairs+beach buckets and shovels+picnic basket+cooler, kids in soccer uniforms, <insert your favorite cargo here>. From personal experience, I'd advise leaving the longer cargo like kayaks and ladders at home, since turning space and front/rear clearance is always at a premium on parade day.

      Have a blast and send pictures

      Joel

      --- In rootsradicals@ yahoogroups. com, "msdudley19" <mkdudley@.. .> wrote:

      > I have the opportunity to be in a bike parade on the 4th of July. I'm
      > thinking that I need to ride my xtracycle.
      >
      > If you have any great ideas about dressing it up in a witty way, I'd
      > love them. I'm trying to brainstorm something political/patriotic that
      > would require an xtracycle's help. Or maybe a play on words. Subtlety
      > is totally okay too. I'm excited to be in the parade but obviously want
      > the xtracycle to be the talk of the town.
      >
      > I'm in liberal Silicon Valley, if that helps narrow (or broaden) ideas.

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic