8706Re: [rootsradicals] lowest rear gear

  • Carl Ray
    Apr 2, 2009
      Again - Sheldon Brown:

      Picture of the Legend! http://www.velonews.com/photo/71803 - Obey!

      On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 4:39 AM, Geoff Cisler <gcisler@...> wrote:

      WOW! in light on the outpouring of response to Abigail about her pedal, here's hoping someone can help me out too. I've asked the LBS about this, and they weren't sure.

      I just finished my build of my Xtracycle, and everything seems to be working except for getting to the lowest (largest) gear on the rear derailler. I have a 7 speed freewheel, and not sure what brand of derailler, using the Rollamajig to tighten the curve. The problem is not the low gear limit stop screw, since when i shift low, i can manually nudge the derailler to go into the lowest gear. It is also not the derailler spring, and that pulls in in the direction I want it to go. The problem seems to be not being able to get enough tension on the shifting cable (at least that's what the LBS guy thought, and I seem to agree), but I have no idea how to solve it.

      Any clue if this is the problem?
      Any clue how to solve it?

      Thanks in advance for the help!

      Geoff
      Boston, MA
      jpbikresearch.com

      --
      Carl

      http://xtracycle.blogspot.com

      "Our planes and automobiles have made it possible for us to go anywhere and see nothing, but our simpler, slower means of conveyance, our feet and our bicycles and wind-powered boats, still connect us to this earth that is not ours to master, but to treasure."

      Kent Peterson
      http://kentsbike.blogspot.com/

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic