87Re: [rootsradicals] Re: Rain Gear ( was Re: Howdy from Chicago)

  • Jeff Youngstrom
    Feb 7, 2006
      I've got a suspension fork with no fender mounts too (it does have a
      screw at the arch). I've had good luck with just using a couple of
      zip-ties to attach the fender stays. Front fender makes a HUGE
      difference in the wet.

      On 2/7/06, Gauk <akiragauk@...> wrote:
      > I second the Gore-Tex. I live a measely 2 miles away, so I wear my
      > (work) steel toes as they're both waterproof and wicking. The soles
      > are stiffer than sneakers, too. Wool socks are a must if it gets truly
      > cold. I've got a fender on the back, but nothing on the front as there
      > are no fender mounts. Still debating half-fender vs. new fork. I've
      > got a Bright, BRIGHT headlight - Busch & Müller Ixon 1 watt LED (14
      > Lumen for 6 hours). http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/b&m.asp
      > --Gauk, akiragauk@...
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic